Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deux Jolieslesbiennes



The name is perfect. Could you imagine a "Vicky Cristina Madrid" movie? I Could not. There is Something about Barcelona, and Barcelona Especially about the mythic so much in vogue Among British and American Tourists That Makes a name like Vicky Cristina Barcelona somehow perfect sound. We Went today with Maria Clara and Alejo - Maria Clara WAS making fun of us and at Some point if she Said That "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" sounds right, then "Alejandro Andrés Bogotá" also sounds Quite Right. I Can not fathom why she says it sounds right, pero after Such a movie plus a bottle of wine, That somehow fit the point. Had I

Expectations low for this movie. Javier Had Warned me about the silliness, the empty-headedness, the fake Barcelona. (I Must Say That while I enjoyed Allen's Dismissal of all the Issues That Are vital to Catalans s, such as the language Itself, They Must Have felt a bit like a slap in the face to Catalans Who Take Themselves, and All Things Catalan, too Seriously.) Somehow seeing Alejo laugh so much, enjoy so much of the movie's jokes and Situations, I ended up liking quite a lot the movie and Taking it as a fantastic tongue-in-cheek view of a not-too-serious city and That some characters yes, Fall Into Stereotypes, But yes, plow all well ACTED and convincing.

Maria Elena (Penelope Cruz) and her Tantrums Were pure delight for me

0 comments:

Post a Comment